Life is fragile.
Of the many ways in which life can come to an end, taking your own life is perhaps the most unfortunate. What’s worse, is that it’s also one of the leading causes of deaths in the world.
Every year, over 800,000 people commit suicide. That is one suicide every 40 seconds. And for every committed suicide, there are 4-5 times more failed suicide attempts.
There are many causes to Suicide and we as a community will need to work on all of those areas respectively. And it starts with spreading a simple message. No matter how hard it gets; No matter how helpless you may feel; Know this –
Suicide is #NotAnOption
In the lead up to World Suicide Prevention Day we at YourDOST will aim to spread this message to a million people. Through our work, we will try and reduce suicides in the world. And you can help too!
You can do the following things –
- Learn about the signs that could help you identify suicidal tendencies. Following blog post by our expert would be a great starting point for the same.
- If you identify someone with suicidal tendencies, don’t hesitate to talk to them about it. Point them to a suicide helpline as soon as you can.
- If not any of this
- Go to this page – https://yourdost.com/suicidePrevention
- Enter your email ID (for communication on further initiatives)
- Tweet a message against Suicide with this hashtag – Suicide is #NotAnOption
- Share this page in your social networks so more people do the same.
In the last 5 years, suicide rates have increased by up to 60℅. Suicide can be easily prevented and all it takes is a little awareness.
Do your bit by clicking on this link – I Pledge to Spread Awareness on Suicide Prevention
We are privileged to have partnered with WittyFeed for spreading awareness for this campaign. If you wish to spread awareness about this campaign, Go to the following link: Suicide Prevention and Share an encouraging message to the world. The person whose message gets the maximum appreciation (counted by reshares/ likes) will get a Happiness Box from Innerchef.