Taking a decision of whether or not to break up can be confusing. This is especially the case, if you have invested a lot of time in the relationship, While making that decision, you need to consider some important point:
1. Do you still see your relationship having a bright future? If no, then consider breaking up. If yes, see how you can compromise and come to a consensus on how to solve your problems,
2. Do you think that your relationship is having a negative effect on your or her mental peace? If Yes, consider breaking up.
3. Do you trust each other? If no, consider if you can reach a point where you can trust each other. If not, then you must know that trust is essential in a relationship.
4. Do you differ in your basic goals/views on life and the near future? If you do, you should consider is its possible to make a compromise mutually, or else you could decide to part ways,
5. Are you just living in the past? If either of you is unable to move past some of your past hurdles, the relationship is likely to remain sour. You need to find a way to move past them.
6. Are you usually able to solve the conflicts that come up during your fights? If you are unable to resolve the conflicts despite talking things out, you may want to reconsider the relationship.
7. Do you feel like you can be yourself with each other? If you feel that it is becoming hard to be real with each other, it is important to get more honest or else consider breaking up.
Also consider that sometimes problems are due to a difficult phase in life. If the problem you have are solvable by reaching a mutual consensus, give that a shot.
Regards and best wishes,